Volunteer with King County Parks and Whale Scout to enhance habitat in Maury Island Marine Park.
They will supply gloves, a jug of water, light snacks, all instructions, and tools. Please plan to arrive on time for the start of the event (we can adjust based on updated ferry schedules) and allow extra time to find parking.
The plan for the day is to plant native trees and shrubs that will grow into a future healthy forest!
Our events run rain or shine. In the event of hazardous weather, the King County staff member leading your project will be in contact via email the morning of the project. Plan to check your email before you leave for the event to ensure you receive any updates. If you are a contact for a group coming out to volunteer, please ensure that you have set up a way to contact your group members the morning of the event if needed.
Young people under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Any minors under the age of 18 attending the event without a parent or legal guardian must also bring a signed Youth Waiver to event in order to participate.
What to Bring
- Come prepared for any weather! It may be hot and sunny or cold and chilly
- Closed–toed shoes are essential. Sturdy sneakers, hiking boots,
- Layers of clothing that can get
- Any outfit that covers legs is appropriate: jeans, thick pants, or dress/skirt with leggings underneath
- Sunblock and a hat
- Full water bottle, LUNCH, and snacks
Day of Event Contact – Sean, work cell (206) 889-9779